Harvey Weinstein Wiki – Biography
Harvey Weinstein CBE is an American former film producer and convicted sex offender. He and his brother Bob Weinstein co-founded the entertainment company Miramax, which produced several successful.
If you think journalism doesn't matter, take a gander at Harvey Weinstein today.
— Blake News (@blakehounshell) February 24, 2020
Harvey Weinstein Age
He is 67 years old.
A jury convicted Mr. Weinstein of felony sex crime and rape, but acquitted him of the most serious charges against him, predatory sexual assault.
Women who accused Harvey Weinstein of sexual harassment and assault are hailing the decision on social media.
Harvey Weinstein, who long reigned as one of the most influential producers in Hollywood, was found guilty on Monday of two felony sex crimes after a Manhattan trial that became a watershed moment for the #MeToo movement.
But the jury acquitted Mr. Weinstein of the two most serious charges against him, predatory sexual assault.The verdict offered a measure of justice to the dozens of women who have come forward with similar allegations against Mr. Weinstein. For many, the trial was a crucial test in the effort to hold powerful men accountable for sexual harassment in the workplace.
The jury found Mr. Weinstein guilty of two counts, criminal sexual assault in the first degree and rape in the third degree. On the two counts of predatory sexual assault, the not guilty verdicts suggested that one or some jurors did not believe the testimony of Annabella Sciorra, an actress best known for her work in “The Sopranos.”
He faces a sentence of five to 25 years on the top count.
As the jury walked into the courtroom to announce that it had reached a verdict, Mr. Weinstein sat between his lawyers, staring straight ahead, as four court officers stood behind him.
Mr. Weinstein appeared unmoved as the verdict was read. Cyrus R. Vance Jr., the Manhattan district attorney, was nearby, in the front row.
After the verdict was read, Justice James M. Burke thanked the jurors for their “care and concentration” before they left the courtroom. As they filed out, Juror No. 6 stared at Mr. Weinstein.
The judge then announced that Mr. Weinstein would immediately be sent to jail to await his sentencing. But as court officers approached him, the producer seemed stunned and refused to move.
Moments later, he was handcuffed and removed from the room, limping with two officers standing by his side.
“Harvey Weinstein is now a convicted rapist,” the Italian actress and director Asia Argento, another early accuser, wrote on Instagram under a picture she posted of herself with another woman. “Two survivors cry and celebrate. Thank you God.”
The women who have accused Weinstein of rape include:
- Lysette Anthony told British police in October 2017 that Weinstein raped her in the late 1980s at her home in London.
- Asia Argento told The New Yorker that in 1997, Weinstein invited her into a hotel room, “pulled her skirt up, forced her legs apart, and performed oral sex on her as she repeatedly told him to stop.”
- Paz de la Huerta said Weinstein had raped her on two separate occasions in November and December 2010.
- Lucia Evans said, after a business meeting in 2004, Weinstein forced her to perform oral sex on him.
- Hope Exiner d’Amore, a former employee of Weinstein, said he raped her during a business trip to New York in the late 1970s.
- Miriam “Mimi” Haleyi, a production crew member, said Weinstein forcibly performed oral sex on her in his New York City apartment in 2006 when she was in her twenties.
- Dominique Huett said Weinstein forcibly performed oral sex on her and then carried out another sexual act in front of her.
- Natassia Malthe said in 2008, Weinstein barged into her London hotel room at night and raped her.
- Rose McGowan wrote on Twitter that she told the Amazon Studios head Roy Price Weinstein had raped her, but Price ignored this and continued collaborating with Weinstein. Price later resigned from his post following sexual harassment allegations against him.
- Annabella Sciorra said, in the early 1990s, Weinstein forced himself into her apartment, shoved her onto her bed and raped her.
- Melissa Thompson, a tech entrepreneur, told Sky News Weinstein raped her in his hotel room following a business meeting in 2011.
- An unnamed woman told The New Yorker that Weinstein invited her into a hotel room on a pretext, and “forced himself on [her] sexually” despite her protests.
- An unnamed actress told the Los Angeles Times that in 2013, Weinstein “bullied his way” into her hotel room, grabbed her by the hair, dragged her into the bathroom and raped her.
- An unnamed actress sued Weinstein for sexual battery and assault, alleging that in 2016 he forced her into sex.