Manuel Souza Wiki – Manuel Souza Biography
Manuel Souza also said that the disaster was the result of “encouragement to violence.” Souza’s attorney, Steve Kherkher of the firm Kherkher Garcia LLP, wrote: “The defendants did not properly and safely plan or conduct the concert. Instead, they consciously ignored the extreme risks of harm to concert-goers and, in some cases, actively encouraged and encouraged dangerous behavior. ”
A fan who attended the Astroworld Festival on Friday, November 5, when Travis Scott was performing, sued the rapper, as well as organizer ScoreMore and concert giant Live Nation for the stampede that killed eight and injured several more. The concertgoer, identified as Manuel Souza, filed the petition on Saturday, November 6 in Harris County District Court, claiming that “a profit motive at the expense of the health and safety of concert-goers” led to the tragedy.
Manuel Souza Concert attendee sues Travis Scott
The Friday night stampede was reportedly one of the deadliest incidents at a music event in years that claimed the lives of people as young as 14. It happened on the first day of the two-day festival that was attended by more than 50,000 people. The festival was held at the NRG Park stadium complex in Houston, Texas.
After the tragedy, Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña confirmed: “At least 8 confirmed deaths and many injuries. Around 50,000 people attended the Astroworld Festival. Around 9 or 9:15, the crowd began to compress towards the front of the stage and that caused panic and people were injured. HFD transported 17 people to hospitals. 11 of those transported were in cardiac arrest ”.
In his lawsuit, Souza alleged that organizers ignored early warning signs, for example, “Concert goers violated a security gate around the park, stampeded into the venue and trampled each other.” He added that even after ambulances arrived at the venue to treat fans who had “suffered obvious serious injuries,” organizers “made a conscious decision to let the show continue, despite the extreme risk of harm to those attending the event. concert that was increasing at the moment. ”
Souza’s lawyer noted: “Ultimately, due to the defendants’ active decision to let the show continue, the scene turned into a complete riot, resulting in the unnecessary and premature death of at least 8 people and wounded dozens of others. ” In addition to this, the plaintiff also blamed Scott, saying that the 30-year-old has a history of hosting fiery shows and motivating fans of him to “rage.” Souza stated: “This type of behavior has long been encouraged by the founder and the main artist of the festival.
His express encouragement of violence has previously resulted in serious violence at numerous previous concerts. “In accusing the organizers of gross negligence and negligence, Souza is allegedly seeking at least $ 1 million. His attorneys demand a temporary restraining order that prevents destruction. Along with Scott, Score more, and Live Nation, the lawsuit blamed Scott’s Cactus Jack Records, LLC and other individuals and companies involved in the event.
Another attorney, Kevin C Haynes, a trial attorney for the personal injury law firm of Kherkher Garcia, said of the festival disaster: “This was unnecessary. This kind of thing is not supposed to happen. There were things that were supposed to be done and that we’re not done. ”